Chronic Hep B meds and HIV impact

I have chronic Hep B and have been taking Epivir HBV and Hepsera (lamivudine, 3TC and adefovir dipivoxil) for nearly a year now. My viral load is undetectable and my liver functions are normal.

I am HIV negative (just tested last week). My partner is positive. We practice safe sex.

For peace of mind, I'm just curious to know if the drugs I'm on provide me any additional protection from HIV? I'm not about to start having unprotected sex, but sometimes it's nice to know if I have a little extra insurance because of my own meds.

Curious Paul

Hepsera which you are taking is only 10 mg a day. For any HIV activity, the drug was dosed at 60 mg a day, and even at that was not effective.

Lamivudine is dosed at 150 mg a day for hepatitis B and this would be very insufficient dose against HIV.

Dr. McGovern

can we trust what u say
Chronic HepB case