Should I trust my dr.

I am coinfected. started the cotreatment in feb 2004. the hepc has been undetectable after 16 weeks of treatment. My concern for months before starting with peg I was told 26 weeks than all of a sudden I am told it should be 52 weeks. Is that much time necessary?I no this virus brings money, so I dont no if I should believe if this additional 26 weeks is a ploy or not.

If you are coinfected then you should receive treatment for 48 weeks.

If you have only hepatitis C then treatment is for 48 weeks if you have genotype 1 or 4 and 6 months if you have genotype 2 or 3.

However, in coinfection, all patients are treated for 48 weeks regardless of genotype since stopping earlier than that appears to be associated with relapse. Dr. McGovern

Advice needed before holiday
can we trust what u say