Swollen liver and repeat of Hep.B shots

Doctor, I was told my liver was swollen and I had a fatty liver. Further test results showed I was either getting over Hepitis B virus and my imune was very low. I had the shots when I worked at the hospital on the cancer floor as a nurse. I am very confused and scared for my family who now has to be tested. I am now having to take the shots again in less than five years. Can you make sense of this?

A swollen liver is something you must get good follow-up for. I would want you to see a hepatologist.

Fatty liver is common and can be benign. But if the fat becomes inflammed it can cause scarring. You may need a liver biopsy.

As for the hepatitis B shots...sometimes people do not respond to the vaccine. If you have active hepatitis B which is new, then your hepatitis B core IgM fraction should be positive. Dr. McGovern

inquiring about possible hep b and c
Advice needed before holiday