inquiring about possible hep b and c

my husband at the age of 10 yrs had hep A now at 30 yrs he is having abnormal blood tests his GGT is high, alk phos is high ect. these have been ignored by his gp untill we insisted it was investigated. all he has had is a phone call from the receptionist to pick up forms for more tests no explanation. the tests are for hep B ag hep ab and hep c also Ferritin, liver auto antibodies and alpha 1 antitrypsin. please can you help us understand what might be going on. He doesn.t drink alcohol!His bloods have never been right. he has also a low sperm count and we have had 2 lots of fertility treatment could this have any effect on his sperm count?

I agree that your husband needs a thorough evaluation with a hepatologist for his abnormal GGT and Alk phos.

Your GP is starting with a reasonable panel to evaluate viral and non-viral causes for liver disease.

However, it would be reasonable to be seen by a hepatologist to question as to whether your husband should have a liver biopsy.

I don't think you have to worry about the liver's effect on the fertility issues. I would be certain to mention it as you would when you give a complete medical history to the specialist.

Dr. McGovern

hiv pcr test
Swollen liver and repeat of Hep.B shots