|Hepsera for HBV Treatment
Oct 22, 2004
Hello, How long is Hepsera used for in the treatment of HBV? I have heard both one and two years. Thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
The length of treatment for hepatitis B is unclear as yet. It also depends on whether you achieve seroconversion of HB e antigen while on therapy. Also, if you started as a HB e antigen negative patient then you cannot follow seroconversion so there is no clear end-point. There are actually data on HB e antigen negative patients going out to 3 years on Hepsera. One thing seems clear - the liver histology improves over time with viral suppression.
- Does HIV Cause Sore On Tongue?
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.