pregnancy after interferon treatment

I was diagnosed with Hep B and have recently finished the interferon treatment. I only did the injection (pegasis?) and did not have to take the pills. My doctor has not really been helpfulhe is very negative and everything is so dramatic. I try to ask him simply questions and everything turns into medical terminologies that I do not understand. Basically, the treatment was not successful and I would like to start a family --it has been two full months. At first my doctor told me 2-3 months and now he says 6 months? Im confused because I thought the pills were the dangerous things? I am 29 and pretty healthy otherwise. My body feels great (other than gaining weight after the treatmentis this normal?). Please help me understand what my options are

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The risk to babies seems to be from the ribavirin mostly in hepatitis c treatment. There is very little data about interferon, but theoretically it should be OK. If I were you I would wait 6 months, just to be sure. However you should speak to someone who is knowledgable about getting treatment in the last trimester to prevent transmission of hepatitis B to the baby. Make sure you tell your OB GYN about the hep B also. Good luck! DTD

Manicure continued?
follow up?