For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

follow up testing

I have finished treatment for hep c and was still neg one year after the end of treatment. My Dr says I do not need to ever get tested again. I was a gentype 2gb. What do you think?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

You are cured! Congratulations! You don't really have to worry about that one virus ever again! However I always ask my patients to come back once per year just to be certain. Frankly it is more of a happy reunion than it is medically necessary. It helps both of us remember where we were and where we are now. The profession has very little long term follow up on cures so we are doing it ourselves. Stay well! DTD

Does window period for HIV extend when simulatenously exposed to Hep
Manicure continued?