|follow up testing
Oct 18, 2004
I have finished treatment for hep c and was still neg one year after the end of treatment. My Dr says I do not need to ever get tested again. I was a gentype 2gb. What do you think?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
You are cured! Congratulations! You don't really have to worry about that one virus ever again! However I always ask my patients to come back once per year just to be certain. Frankly it is more of a happy reunion than it is medically necessary. It helps both of us remember where we were and where we are now. The profession has very little long term follow up on cures so we are doing it ourselves. Stay well! DTD
Does window period for HIV extend when simulatenously exposed to Hep
- What Can Happen If Hpv Goes Untreated?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
- Type Of Doctor Who Removes Genital Warts
- Testing For Chlamydia With Urinalysis
- Symptoms Of Chlamydia In The Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.