Does window period for HIV extend when simulatenously exposed to Hep

Dr. Douglas, I am confused when is 3 months valid or 6 months valid for the window period for HIV. I have read somewhere that co-infection with Hep might delay time to produce antibodies. Should not this mean that one who had unprotected sex with a high risk individual such as drug users or prostitutes should test out to 6 months? Should not doctors consider Hep and HIV being exposed at the same time? When people say 3 months do they already factor that in? I just want to be assured that my 3 month result is conclusive and move on with my life. Also, can ARS symptoms come ater 3 months?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I think it is always safer to consider 6 months the safest. If you are really worried, then get the PCR tests for both. Get vaccinated for hep A and B and practice safe sex so you don't have to worry! ARS symptoms happen right away within weeks of infection. Stay safe! DTD

Results of NGI HBV DNA SuperQuant PCR
follow up testing