follow up child?

In follow up to your response about my child with the cat scratch and possibly having blood come into contact with it....... when you say the chances are low, is that b/c the chances of the other child having it are low or the chances of becoming infected that way with contaminated blood is very low? Would the cut have to be a bit deeper and more severe and a lot more blood present to pose a risk? I really appreciate your time, I am just really panicing about this situation..... and know if I don't get educated now I will be a basket case in the future with all the sport activities my children will be involved in. Have you heard of anyone contracting HIV or HEPC in a situation like this where a small amount of blood came into contact with a very small scratch?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

No I have not heard of it and both chances are infitesimal. Your child probably has a higher chance of being hit my a meteorite than contracting a virus from a small cut. Relax about that. Get ready to talk to them about safe sex, when they are old enough! DTD

HepC vs Hep B?
To Start treatment?