|HepC vs Hep B?
Oct 11, 2004
Why is the HepB virus easier to contract than the Hep C virus? What is the difference in the two that would make one easier to contract than the other?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Hepatitis B is even more prolific than HCV and has more copies per ml of blood. There is more of it so the chances of transmitting it are higher. In addition, HCV is not really sexually transmitted and not often found in semen while HBV is definitely found in genital secretions and is transmitted sexually. Different viruses have different characteristics. The good thing about B is that you can get vaccinated and prevent infection. The good thing about C is that it is completely curable! Be careful! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can I Get Hep C From Swallowing Semen?
- Bronchitis After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.