|HCV Lab reports
Oct 11, 2004
sir, i want to ask, that i month go i was tested for HCV (PCR BY Quan AND qual) the Pcr qual result was "HCV Detected" and the "Viral Load was 2,50000" and at the same time "HVC Genotyping "was performed from another lab and the result was "HCV GENOTYPE NOT TYPEBLE" and after these reports i was tested for PCR agian and at that time result was "HVC NOT DETECTED", tell if previous report of PCR was not correct and ur comments. Shabana
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
May have been a false positive reading with the genotype not typeable. However I would repeat it a third time and make sure the test is the quantitative PCR. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Sperm Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Microgynon Cause Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.