Happy I think

Hi Drs., Early 2002 I had Hep B, Late 2002 still hadnt cleared my system. Assuming I was chronic, I just never went back to Dr. No sex contact w/anyone. So i decide to face the problem 8/04. Dr has me go for new test, and to my surprise, its like I never had it. Its simply gone. However, he says i built no antibodies to it. Lab results are HB S AB,QL=nonreactive; HB s AG=neg 0.43; HB E AG & AB both negative; HBV DNA,QN,PCR <100 & <160. So should I get vaccinated now, and stay happy. Thank you for all the work that you do, and sorry for the long winded question

The long winded question is needed since hepatitis B is very complicated and I needed all the data you gave me.

However, I don't see a repeat hepatitis B core antibody in your question. If it is present, you indeed had hepatitis B in the past and the type of antibody should be Ig G antibody. If you can send us your original testing results, it will probably be clearer as to what happened originally.

Dr. McGovern

Hepatitise C question
Please help with my lab results