Hep C & Scared

Please help me understand. The man I am with has told me he has Hep C & herpes. I also get herpes. Is it safe to have sex with this man? He trys to make me understand but I am so afraid that I have already got something from him or will someday. CAN you tell me anything or should I go get tested? I don't know what to do. I want to be with him but not if it is going to hurt my health. Help me anyway you can. Thank you so much.

Hepatitis C can be spread sexually but it is very uncommon. The risk is estimated at 1-3 percent. I think it is important for couples to discuss this risk. If 1 to 3 percent is too high to accept, then I would use condoms. The other reason to use condoms is to protect yourself from other sexually transmitted viruses such as hepatitis B and HIV and others.

Using condoms 100 percent of the time is an important tool for personal health.

Dr. McGovern

hep b
Hepatitise C question