Oct 9, 2004
Hello Dr, a woman performed oral sex on me unprotected. can I get Hep B from that? I f so how long will it take before the virus becomes active? Im scared Thank you
Response from Dr. McGovern
Although hepatitis B virus can be present in saliva, transmission would require also the presence of an open cut or sore. The risk of hepatitis B spread via sexual transmission implies intercourse, not oral sex per se.
Hep c risk with cat and positive mother
Hep C & Scared
- HIV Infection Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Blood In Urine After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.