|Hep C kits?
Oct 6, 2004
Are the Hep C kits that you can buy in a pharmacy accurate and something you could rely on? Or would you recommend going to an actual Lab (Quest) to have the test run?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
The kits are not bad and are a start. If you want to start there, then that is OK. However, I don't think you can just walk into a Quest lab without a doctor's order. It is always more accurate to get the blood tests and you can also ask for hepatitis A and B antibody tests as well as HIV. If you are negative for A and B you should get vaccinated for those. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Fatigue After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.