Reasons for false positive HBsAg Rapid test
Oct 6, 2004
What are the probable reasons for a false positive Rapid Card HBsAg test.What is the incidence of such false positives?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
There are other proteins that can react with the test reagents. That is the case with many lab tests. No test is 100%. You should get blood tests for all the correct markers including HBV DNA. Good luck! If you are negative, get vaccinated! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Touching An Open Scab?
- Black Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.