CMV Ulcer

My counts are 574 for CD4 and 94 for Viral Load. I have been having a lot of trouble swallowing food. It hurts going down and sometimes gets stuck and comes back up. The specialist did a looked down my somtach throat etc. did a biopacy and found some CMV in the ulcer. Im on Valcyte daily now. Will this get better. Along time ago I had very low counts and had CMV Retinitus. That was like 10 years ago. I have been perty healthy since. My counts are good now and have been for at least 9 years. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Rick

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Wow, I have not heard of one of those in a long time! You may need some IV ganciclovir if the oral medication does not do it for you in a week or so. You should also go back and see your eye doctor to make sure your eyes are OK. Good luck! DTD

break in skin?
Vaccination Failure