|break in skin?
Oct 4, 2004
What is a break in the skin? What wounds are considered risky and at what point are they "safe"? Is a cut that doesn't bleed, but breaks the first layer of skin a risk?? Please clarify what wounds we need to be concerned with. Are exposures to HCV or HIV infected blood.... when you have a 1 day old cut on your hand a serious risk? Please help..... I need help determining what to worry about and what is really not likely. Would an open wound be something that is obviously open? Thanks!!!
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes the skin has to be bleeding and open. Forget worrrying! Just wash your hands and put a bandage on the cuts. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Hiv Enter Break In Skin?
- Cut Finger Can Transmitted Hiv
- How Long After Having Unprotected Sex Should You Get Tested For Hiv?
- Can You Get Hepatitis C From Donating Plasma?
- Social Ramifications Of Improper Information Disclosure In Hiv And Aids
- When An Insect Bites Someone With Hiv Can It Be Transmitted To Another Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.