alcohol and hep b
Oct 4, 2004
Dear doug, I have gotten different answers to this. After clearing a hep b infection surface antigen negative, Do you have to reduce your alcohol intake? If you clear the infection this means you were infected for 4-6 months. Did this compromise the liver in any way? Do you have to be careful now about alcohol or medicine (antibiotics) Thank you.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
You should always be careful about alcohol and mediations. However HBV should be completely gone if you clear in 6 months. After that, it may never clear. You should check your HBV DNA and if negative then go ahead. In general more than 2-3 drinks per day is a problem for your liver if you are a man and 1-2 if you are a woman. Stay healthy and get vaccinated for HAV! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Achy Balls After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.