|Can a Pap Smear reveal HEP A,B,C?
Sep 29, 2004
Can a Pap Smear reveal abnormal cells related to Hepatitis A, B, or C? For example, if a doctor says there are abnormalities in your cells after a pap smear, and it is not related to cervical cancer. Could this dipict any other type of STD? Such as any type of Hepatitis? I realize a blood test should be done regardless, but can any trade of Hep be found from a pap smear?
Response from Dr. McGovern
If your pap is abnormal, the virus that is causing the problem is human papilloma virus, which can cause cervical disease.
Diabeties with Hep C
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Hpv After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Barebacking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Having The Flu Interfere With The Hiv Test Results?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.