cirrhosis, diabeties and Hepatites C

My husband has cirrhosis, diabeties and Hepatites C and was in the hospitol for throwing up blood and also had blood in his stool. Can this happen again if he is taking care of himself and taking all his medication? And if so how soon can this happen? He is 47 years old and does not drink or use drugs anymore. Has stopped using herion three years ago. He is on a low dose of methadone 13 mg daily. Please help.

Your husband's situation is certainly concerning. I would want to know if the bleeding came from something called "varices". If so, I would get your husband to a liver specialist affiliated with a hospital which evaluates patients with very advanced liver disease to see if he is eligible for treatment for hepatitis C or if he needs to get on a list for transplant. Dr. McGovern

hep c treatment side effects
Im dont remmeber if i was vacinated against hepp?