hep c treatment side effects

I am in the seventeenth week of pegintron/ribavarin treatment. Is it common for some side effects (fatigue, flu like symptoms, aches)to become more severe and last longer at this stage of treatment? Viral load was undetectable after five weeks of treatment, and I'm not on any HIV medicine at the moment. Thank you again for your help. It is invaluable.

I usually find that my patients have more of these symptoms at the beginning of their treatment and they get better over time. I would visit your doctor to tell her or him that your symptoms are getting worse so they can re-evaluate you and help you symptomatically. I would also have your thyroid tested.

An undetectable viral load is a wonderful thing and I wouldn't want you to stop now!

Dr. McGovern

Hep C in seman
cirrhosis, diabeties and Hepatites C