Hep C results
Sep 29, 2004
Recently tested positive for HEP C and further bloodwork confirmed PCR NEGATIVE and RIBA INDETERMINATE B Surface Ab <3.0 mIu/ml
What are the chances that I have chronic HVC but at this moment in time the virus is undetectable? Is the PCR inaccurate?
Been advised to re-test in 6 months
Response from Dr. McGovern
I am suspcious that you are probably negative for hepatitis C with an indeterminate RIBA and no detectable virus. However, I do agree with retesting in a few months to get more information.
I suspect you have a false positive test. Dr. McGovern
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How To Stop Vaginal Bleeding?
- Is There An Std That Causes Back Pain?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.