|Operation, Blood used Contaminated? or not?
Sep 29, 2004
I am worried about the operation performed on me, and if the extra blood they used was contaminated. How long does it take for AIDS/HIV to become apparent in a body and what are the symptoms?
Response from Dr. McGovern
The blood supply is EXTREMELY safe. I would not worry about the transmission of HIV or other hepatitis viruses. If you are still concerned, certainly get baseline testing from your physician. Dr. McGovern
co-invected for 15 years
HCV and HIV co-infection
- Is Blood In Urine A Sign Of AIDS?
- Is Red Eyes An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Sinus Infection An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Achy Balls After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.