|difference between IU/ML & EQ/ML
Sep 29, 2004
Can you explain the difference between IU/ML and EQ/ML in hepatitis viral loads?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
For a long time Hepatitis C virus was measured in milliequivalents per milliliter. However, there wasn't good agreement from lab to lab in terms of what that unit of measure truly was. Then the World Health Organization determined an "international unit" which became the standard for all laboratories to use so there would be some uniformity in testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.