|difference between IU/ML & EQ/ML
Sep 29, 2004
Can you explain the difference between IU/ML and EQ/ML in hepatitis viral loads?
Response from Dr. McGovern
For a long time Hepatitis C virus was measured in milliequivalents per milliliter. However, there wasn't good agreement from lab to lab in terms of what that unit of measure truly was. Then the World Health Organization determined an "international unit" which became the standard for all laboratories to use so there would be some uniformity in testing.
risk of children?
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- The Symptoms Of Stomach Pain And Hot Flashes
- Accuracy Of Pooled NAT Testing For Hiv
- Antibiotics And HIV Testing
- Hiv Rna Pcr Test 6 Weeks After Unprotected Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.