diagnosis confusion and my liver

Hello and thank you for this servcie,

I have been having diahrrea and right sided pain for the last year. My liver counts have been steadily increasing and are now both in the 160s. I have been tested numerous times at stanford for Hep A,B,C and ALL are Negative!. I have rigth sided pain all the time and I am taking Choleteramine which seems to help. I have recently been having numb legs, more diahrrea, RUQ pain, white tongue and fatigue. They have done two HIV tests and that both came back negative. My docs are perplexed. I can see it in their eyes. Is there some kind of "liver infection" that can cause these symptoms? Also, are two HIV tests conclusive even though I am having exact HIV symptoms? Does pre-treated HIV cause liver isssues?

It looks like I am getting checked in on Monday for futher evaluation.

god bless.

My first question would be have you had a liver biopsy? It may be very helpful. There are other things besides viral diseases which can cause liver disease. For example, there is a disease called steatohepatitis where fat in the liver becomes inflamed and then can lead to scarring. Another disease is hemochromatosis which is related to too much iron in the liver.

I would be certain that you are going to a "hepatologist" per se, who is an expert in the liver. Dr. McGovern

future outlook on HCV
anti-bacterial gels?