|HepB and Infants-Part 2
Sep 14, 2004
Dear Mr. Mc Douglas,
Indeed I have HBV DNA (Amplicor method) at 2,000 copies/ml while I made also U/S and looked very normal.
Shall I go for liver biopsy? My AST and ALT are normal and I have AFP at 5,5.
What is the threshold on HBV DNA for someone like me with Ag HBe negative to consider treatment?
Thank you for the kind assistance
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
I think if you have any fibrosis at all on the biopsy and any HBV DNA at all you should be treated with adefovir. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Can Thrush Cause A Metallic Taste In Your Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.