Worried....

What are the chances of being infected from an accidental needle stab. I fell into a garden bed (which was on automatic water reticulation- would the regular water have washed the needle a little?) and the stab drew blood. I have only had one test since, which was negative, but am too worried to return for another test. I have achy joints, blurred vision - but am not sure whether this is stress due to the not knowing. A response as to what the chances of being infected are would be very much appreciated.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Even a real needlestick with warm wet blood on the needle has only about a 1 in 1000 chance of transmitting HCV. One in the garden is astronomically unlikely capable of transmitting HCV. Go get tested again for all your ills. Good luck! DTD

Best HIV meds for HIV/HCV coinfection.
HepB and Infants-Part 2