inflammated liver test

Hi-

I recently went to the doctor to get a routine checkup and blood work and the results came back fine except for the fact that I had some liver inflammation. So doctor asked me if id ever had hepatitis. I never have. Now I had another blood test done to test for hepatitis. I am freaking out. I have been tested about 8 months ago for everything and all was negative.

My question is: Can my liver test be abnormal if I dont have hepatitis?? What else can cause my liver test to be abnoral??I use condoms all the time with sexual partners. A couple times i didnt when receiving oral sex. Please advise.

If you have already been tested for hepatitis viruses, the other common problem is steatohepatitis - when fat in the liver becomes inflammed. If you continue to have abnormal liver function tests you will want full evaluation for unusual liver diseases such as hemochromatosis, Wilson's disease, alpha 1 antitrypsin - but again the most likely is steatohepatitis also referred to as NASH. Also review all your medications which can also cause liver test abnormalities. If the liver tests remain abnormal, I would pursue a liver biopsy. Dr. McGovern

Cirrhosis
skin changes and hepatitis???