Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is HCV and HIV coinfection a chronic or deadly infection?
Sep 13, 2004

I've been on all of the interferon ribiviron treatments. I've just completed infergen copegus treatment and My HCV viral load dramatically declined, but went up again. I'm also HIV positive. My immune system is good, VL is under 200 and my TCells are above 700. Aside from the side affects from Pegasus-copegus I feel fine. I'm working fulltime and I remain fit from 4x workouts weightlifing and three mile runs on a treadmill. I'm 45 years old. Can I expect to face a chronic situation or should I expect this to ultimately kill me?

Response from Dr. McGovern

You clearly have a chronic infection and can do well for decades to come. Continue doing all that you are doing because your numbers sound terrific. HIV/HCV is a chronic condition. Treatments will improve in the years to come. Dr. McGovern

Previous
discolred veins and spleen pain
Next
Cirrhosis

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.