Dr. Dieterich never answered ... PLESE help calm my nerves!!!!

Dr. McGovern, I've read that biting can transmit Hep B. My question though is that I was with a girl who would sometimes "nibble" on my bottom lip and ear lobe. It was more or less just playful, didn't hurt, and from what I can tell, didn't break the skin. Obviously this activity was nothing close to a bite where there's explicit teeth marks, sometimes blood, and it's painful. Can you please tell me the risk of this nibbling activity and if you think it warrants testing? (No visible blood) Also, how much of there is a risk for transmitting Hep through saliva? Thank you for your time in helping me attempt to ease my nerves!!

The risk you describe seems to be negligible.

The risk of hepatitis B transmission via saliva is minimal also. The recommendation is not to share utensils, razors, toothbrushes, etc...but most of that concern is still related to exposure to blood per se. Dr. McGovern

High Liver counts/No Hep?
Recovered from Hep-B, however still have symptoms, very confused!