High Liver counts/No Hep?

I have not started meds yet and was exposed to HIV 2 years ago. Tested positive last week. I'm am still in the blown away phase. My liver counts where triple the normal values. Not sure the exact numbers about 150's. What could this mean? Tested - for all heps. If this difficult to get rid of and will i be able to start treat with an ailing liver?

Thanks you very much Barbara!

It sounds like you are just beginning to be evaluated for hepatitis viruses. It will be important to be checked for hepatitis A, B and C. If your liver function tests remain abnormal, your physician may discuss with you the possibility of a liver biopsy.

You are right to be concerned about the medications which are broken down by the liver. However, even if you have hepatitis B or C, most patients with chronic viral hepatitis do tolerate their medications. It will just be important for you to get good monitoring with blood tests and follow-up visits. Also be aware that if the medications are bothering your liver, you may begin to feel nauseated, have right upper abdominal pain, or fatigue and loss of appetite. These are important symptoms which you will need to call your doctor about right away should they occur.

Good luck with your new medication and remember adherence to your pills makes all the difference! Dr. McGovern

Toilet seats
Dr. Dieterich never answered ... PLESE help calm my nerves!!!!