Worried, should I get tested?
Sep 13, 2004
Dr. Dieterich, I'm a male who received oral sex from a woman on two different occasions (same girl, both within a 3 day period). I've heard this is low risk for Hepatitis B. Should I get tested? Have there been documented cases of someone contracting Hepatitis this way? Thank you very much for your time.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
I don't know of one! It is a very low risk encounter. You should get tested and get vaccinated if you are negative, not because of the encounter, but because everyone should. Be Careful! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Blisters After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.