|Worried, should I get tested?
Sep 13, 2004
Dr. Dieterich, I'm a male who received oral sex from a woman on two different occasions (same girl, both within a 3 day period). I've heard this is low risk for Hepatitis B. Should I get tested? Have there been documented cases of someone contracting Hepatitis this way? Thank you very much for your time.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
I don't know of one! It is a very low risk encounter. You should get tested and get vaccinated if you are negative, not because of the encounter, but because everyone should. Be Careful! DTD
hepatitis & pregnancy
- Yeast Infection And Genital Warts
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- When You Get The Shingles Vaccine Can You Still Get An Outbreak?
- When Can You Exercise After Having Shingles?
- What's The Difference Between Trichomoniasis And Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Stds Cause Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.