regarding razors

I am curious you said razors are a moderate to high risk depending on how times each user cuts themselves.. I have to say I have shaved for years and it rare I cut myself.. If you used and infected razor but didnt cut yourself what would the risk exposure be? It seems strange that a needlestick is not really considered a high risk but a razor would be? Thank you I hope to hear from you soon

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The needle stick is a one time event. If you have an infected razor from a partner, then you are likely to keep using it over and over many times, increasing the risk each time. Also the cuts you get from a razor are bigger than those you get from a needle. Remember you have to use someone else's razor who is HCV positive and who cuts him or herself. Be Careful! DTD

Is age a factor in getting tx?
Worried, should I get tested?