Is age a factor in getting tx?

I am a 71 year old female who had several blood transfusions in 1959. In 1989 on a routine blood test my liver enzymes were found to be elevated. It wasn't until 1992, when the test became available, that I was diagnosed as Hep C+. I received no treatment but did have a liver biopsy in 1990 which showed very minimal liver damage. My genotype is 1a. In view of my age, do I need treatment?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It sounds like you are quite healthy, so your life expectancy is quite high at this point. It might be a good idea to repeat your liver biopsy since it has been 14 years to see how your liver is doing now. The treatment is much better now and I am treating several 70 year olds. I think you should consider that and discuss treatment then. Good luck! DTD

Worried about hep c infected mate
regarding razors