|Worried about hep c infected mate
Sep 13, 2004
My mate is hiv neg. but hep c positive 5 yrs ago probably resulting from needles- The hcv quant, iu/mL is 10700000, hcv quant log iu/mL is 7.03. The alt 55, ast 37, alk phos 32. All other CompMetaPanel falls within normal range.What follow up do we need, or what should be the main concern at this point? There is no longer needle use Thank you - A Concerned mate
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Your mate needs to have a liver biopsy to determine if he needs treatment now or later. As far as sexual transmission, if you are having anal intercourse, then there is a risk for transmission. Also you both should be vaccinated for hepatitis A and B. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Shingles After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Being Touched By A Wart?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.