Cleaning Laundry & decontaminating something with HepC
Sep 6, 2004
I wondered about effectively cleaning/decontaminating a clothing item with Hep C positive blood on it. Is normal washing in the machine effective?
Response from Dr. McGovern
There is no good guidance for this question. I would say that if the blood is dried and then you wash it in hot water with detergent - that should be sufficient. Dr. McGovern
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Jock Itch A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Shingles Sign Of HIV Infection
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Anal Warts After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Black Spots After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.