Aug 31, 2004
I am a dental assistant and my concern is that sometimes particles fly in my eye during procedures. I wear goggles, but there are still times I feel specs fly in my eye. Can Hep C or HIV be transmitted through the eyes?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C can only very rarely be transmitted through mucosal exposures. The same is true for HIV. Also the "exposure" should be to blood. Dr. McGovern
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Worried I Have AIDS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Dry Mouth After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.