|I just came back from Iraq and worried
Aug 31, 2004
When I came back from Iraq, my friends and I decided to go visit a place where lots of sex workers stay. My friend brought one of the girls for me so I don't know her status. I had sex with her; however, condom slipped all the way to my glans; my head was bearly covered. Based on this type of risk, should I test for Hep C along with HIV? Should I feel safe since the condom did not completely fall off? Also, I did get a vaccination for Hep A, small pox, and other diseases within a yr period. Would that change my window period for HIV? Thank you. I am very worried since military would disclose the information if I test positive.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Most likely your risk of acquiring HIV and HCV is very small and I would not pursue testing. However, if you are still worried, testing may relieve your mind.
Do not worry about your vaccinations and their effect on the window period of HIV.
Should I test for Hepatitis C for this kind of exposure?
Help with Hep B results
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.