|Hep B Vaccitantion Failure
Aug 31, 2004
My boyfriend has Hepatitis B. We are both HIV positive. I was vaccinated with the 3 doses but I was tested later and I didnt develop antibodies. We had an accident (Condon broken) recently. Do I have to take Immune Globulin (HBIG) Should I have to try the vaccine again? Should the doses be the same? Thank you in advance Alex
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
You need to have double the dose of vaccine for the next three shots. If your CD4 count is higher the chances of developing antibodies is higher. So maximize your T cells and double the dose of vaccine. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore Throat A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is White Tongue A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sex With A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Rubbing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.