|Hep B Vaccitantion Failure
Aug 31, 2004
My boyfriend has Hepatitis B. We are both HIV positive. I was vaccinated with the 3 doses but I was tested later and I didnt develop antibodies. We had an accident (Condon broken) recently. Do I have to take Immune Globulin (HBIG) Should I have to try the vaccine again? Should the doses be the same? Thank you in advance Alex
Response from Dr. Dieterich
You need to have double the dose of vaccine for the next three shots. If your CD4 count is higher the chances of developing antibodies is higher. So maximize your T cells and double the dose of vaccine. Good luck! DTD
Are there any withdrawal symptoms from Provigil for Hep C/HIVers?
Do I need to retest my e antigen to Hep B?
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
- What Stds Causes Penis Irritation?
- Attitudes Towards Hiv Infected People
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.