Chronic B & C+ - should I treat?

I just got chronic B & C pos results. Haven't hd gentyping or biopsy yet. Am super healthy feeling & even jog! Have been feeling the tiniest 'twinge' of feeling in my liver.

Some people say that b/c I have both B & C that I will definitely need to treat, others say it depends. What do you think? Also, I've heard that Interon-A is the only drug that I can take to 'clear' both Heps. However, pegysus has much better side effects. i know that Peg was just put up for approval for Hep B to the FDA. Would it be 'safe' for a doctor to treat me with Peg for my C & 'hope' that it will also clear my B? Very scared right now..........am 28yrs old, ex IDU - clean for 5yrs. Unknown HIV status - never tested, as I cannot handle a Pos test on top of these results right now.

Whether your hepatitis B will need treatment or not will very much depend on the rest of your panel of tests (ie E antigen, E antibody and HBV DNA (amount of virus in your blood). Whether your hepatitis C will need treatment will also depend on whether you have HCV RNA (virus) in your blood.

Next, I would pursue a liver biopsy to be certain you need to be treated after you have results of the above.

You are welcome to write back when you have more information. I would also encourage you to get HIV tested since this will be very important to know before treatment of your hepatitis. Dr. McGovern

Follow up question about my child.
Will HCV affect HIV seroconvertion, part 2