Follow up question about my child.

You answered in my "is my child at risk" that there was no risk. Would you think differently if some of the particles of blood got into his eye? That is a main concern of mine... not so much having the open cut. The specs were close enough to his eye that some could have gotten in his eye. Thanks again..... I really appreciate your help.

If I recall correctly this exposure was from another child. As I stated, the chance the child had hepatitis C would be extremely low. Even with mucosal exposure, the transmission of hepatitis C would be extremely low. If you have any further doubts, talk to your pediatrician and have him tested for your peace of mind, but I wouldn't personally pursue it. Dr. McGovern

what exactly is an open wound?
Chronic B & C+ - should I treat?