Please clarify

I have been tested positive for Hepatitis B since February 2004 - my doctor said it is a chronic infection (positive HBsAg, negative anti HBs). My wife (unprotected relationship for almost 5 years)has been tested negative three times since february and made the vaccine. Could it be a new infection and not a chronic for me?

You could have "chronic" hepatitis B but there are different categories of infectiousness. If your hepatitis B e antigen is positive and HBV virus (DNA) is found in your blood your level of infectiousness to your wife is high. If your hepatitis B e antigen is negative and your hepatitis B e antibody is positive and there is no virus in your blood, then your chance of spreading to virus to your wife is quite low. If suspect this is more likely.

It is important to have all these other tests done to know your status. If your hepatitis B is active, you will need further evalation for treatment. If it is "inactive" you need routine monitoring. Your wife should also have her hepatitis B surface antibody checked to be certain that she responded to her vaccine.

If you get more laboratory testing results back and need to check in, I will be happy to help you further. Dr. McGovern

Can HCV on Dildo
Thanks alot Dr. you made my day