HepB and infants

Dear Expert,

I was tested positive on HBsAg in a regular check-up last February. I had also AgHBe negative Anti-Hbs negative, anti-Hbe positive and Anti-HBc positive

My AFP is 5.8 and AST, ALT levels are 18 and 26 respectively.

What are the risks for my life? When the infection took place? My wife is pregnant on the 9 month and tested negative for HBsAg twice. She has done the first dose of engerix in February then she stopped as we found she is pregnant.

What is the risk for our baby getting infected by Hepb ?

Kind Regards

Response from Dr. Dieterich

If your wife does not have HBV, then the baby can't get it. As for you, you need to have an HBV DNA. If it is elevated at all then you need a liver biopsy. Good luck with the baby! DTD

Contact with someone with Hep C...please advise.
Provigil and Hepatitis