No question just a comment.

Dear Dr. D,

I just want to write to thank you for all of your support and time you have provided through the Q&A. I, like many others I am sure, have received very valuable information from this forum.

A little history. Coinfected Hiv and HCv at least since 1987. Initial Hcv VL 12/02 was 10 million iu. and genotype 1A. I did 48 weeks of Pegysus/copeg 1000mg for 48 weeks. My 7th month post treatment vl is less than 50 and my alt is 15. So for those who get discouraged from news that the treatment may not work for co-infections or genotypes 1 it certainly did for me.

Thanks again for all your help. It has meant more than you know.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

OK folks. Here is a good news one! Thank you for sharing all this positive information with us! Stay well! DTD

Hep B and oral sex
Contact with someone with Hep C...please advise.