confusing reports

4 months ago i was tested for Anti HVC and it was positive, and my ALT level was 206, then i was tested for PCR QUAN and QUAL an dthe result was "HVC DETECTED" and according to reports myviral load was 2,50000,. then i my HVC geno typing was tested from another lab , and the result was "HVC GENOTYPE NOT Typeble" i show the results to doctor,he said to to start the 6 month treatment for HVC(using combination of interferone and ribazole), 5 weeks after the tratment iwas called from the lab where my genotyping was tested , they said to me to have PCR again , and that time MY PCR result was "HVC NOT DETECTED" i showed the resukts to my doctor he stop my treatment and said to me that previous PCR result was wrong, becoz geno typing was not detected at that time, . PLZ tell me whts ur comments on it, and one thing more if ANTI HVC is postive AND PCR is not DETECTED whts its mean, THANKS HAMID

My educated guess would be that since your liver tests were quite high you may have just recently been infected with hepatitis C. If you are aware of a recent risk exposure about 2-12 weeks prior, then I would consider this a strong possibility. Then I would interpret your results as the following: High HCV viral load when you had the acute infection... Later the genotype cannot be performed because you have cleared virus....

You will still need followup in about 6 months to be certain that your hepatitis C viral load test is still non-detectable. I would follow that result again in one year after that. If negative, you have cleared the virus on your own.

Also get immunized for hepatitis B. Dr. McGovern

Lump and Hepatitis
long term hep-c