HCV, is it true??

Dear Dr. I've heard that people that have HCV are not always contagious because the virus has to be active, or at least at a certain level. Is there any truth to that at all? I'm going to get tested for HCV after an exposure 6 months ago. If I were to catch it now, isn't there a fairly good chance for being cured of HCV?? Thanks for your help!! DD

About 80 percent of people with hepatitis C antibodies also have virus in their blood which makes their blood contagious. The other 20 percent cleared their infection.

There are good treatments available now for hepatitis C including pegylated interferons and ribavirin. Whether you need treatment or not is uncertain.

Dr. McGovern

can the hpB vaccine couse a positive reading
Lump and Hepatitis