|Gastroscopy before a liver biopsy
Aug 6, 2004
I have hepatitis c. Why am I having a gastroscopy performed before the liver biopsy?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect that your physician may want to see if you have a complication of liver disease known as varices. These are large blood vessels which can bleed and starting treatment is very important. Dr. McGovern
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hair Loss After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take For Symptoms From A Std To Show Up?
- Is A Brownish Discoloration Vaginal Discharge Means You Have A Std?
- Oral Thrush Contagious Through Kissing
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.